Monday, May 3, 2010

Where are the sculptures?

Some years ago, Azerbaijani artists made statues of a number of Azerbaijani historical illustrious and heroes and dedicated them to Tehran municipality to put them in different areas of Tehran which is a residence place for millions of Azeri Turks. Sattarkhan, Baghirkhan (Constitution activists) and Shahriar's (Poet) bronze statues installed in Sattarkhan Park, Shahrara Park and Theatershahr.

I was eager to see them but there was not chance for visiting until last week I read in some websites that Shahriar's statue has been vanished! And one day later, another surprising news published: "Sattarkhan and Baghirkhans statues disappeared too"!
After missing them, further bronze statues were stolen; but there is a question for me:
"Why have vandal rubbers lifted Azerbaijani statues in first phase?"

Yesterday I succeeded to sea only empty place of my favorite famous persons' statues! I wish I took images from statues:


Empty places of Statues - Səttarxan və Bağırxanın heykəllərinin boş yerləri

No comments: